Thursday, March 17, 2005

My dad the Mutant Jailor!!

I never thought that the day would come, but a family member is now an action figure. They've even managed to get the constipated look on his face when he was "inflicting" his telepathic pain on his jail-ees. Its really quite horrible and wonderful at the same time.

You can click on the image for a better idea of what I'm talking about.
For those of you who care, this is the main reason why I was pimpin him earlier. This is one of those minor roles where he managed to gain fame simply because of the kitsch/camp factor of the movie. Now mind you this was the second movie, so the Kitsch/Camp factor is normally reduced by about 20, but the entire litanny of "Planet of the Apes" films (with the exception of the marky-mark disaster remake) were all pretty cool.
I especially happen to like the Escape the plane of the apes... it was my favorite, right after the original. ("damn dirty APES!!!!!")


Anyway the likeness where they probably got the image was from this shot where it's really hard to tell what is actually going on, but this is the scene right before he gets run-through. This was towards the end of the movie where "our Hero" has managed to escape the mad monkeys and has found his way to an underground lair of "mutant people."

We're not even going to talk about the fact that my dad was the ONLY black man in the future, and the fact that he dies within 10 minutes of his entrance. Nope. not gonna say a word......

I love the fact that he is the "mutant Jailor" but I don't know what's worse, the fact that this action figure is looking like he's about to pass a big one, or really surprised. Either way its amusing and a little odd. Actually scratch that... very odd. The kind of odd that very few people should ever experience. Especially when I showed this picture to a co-worker and he laughed out loud and said that he'd really like to buy one. It left a very strange feeling in the pit of my tummy. If I was really self-concious I'd probably go out and buy up every single one of these action figures and make sure that they never saw the light of day. Not that I am self-concious, or even ashamed of what my dad has done. In fact I'm very proud, but it's the composition of the figurine...

who am I kidding. It's $50. I ain't buyin shit.

3 comments:

ClaudBLOG said...

Sometimes hitting the "next blog" button really pays off. Nice site.

D.T. said...

But cant you get one for free? I mean, your dad was the model for the figure...

aGreatNotion said...

you mean to tell me that i've had dim sum with an action figure? rad.