Thursday, September 27, 2007

Looking - searching and not finding anything

Its been some time since I've had the opportunity to think about that’s a lie. I've been thinking about this for some time. This has been a thorn in my side for awhile and I feel that there is some necessary BS that I  need to get off my chest. Because it's been bothering me.

I can't afford to live in San Francisco anymore, and it pisses me off.

There are lots of reasons why - but the simple fact remains that San Francisco is turning into SF/NYC. All we're missing is that extra letter to complete the an acronym. (it's probably going to be SFc or SFO like the airport.) Quaintly we locals have been calling it "the city" for some time, and every other surrounding "burrow" as The towns. But I think we all know specifically who I'm referring to. Oakland or oak-town…

The frustration level is building because I'm looking to buy. Looking to buy into that all elusive promise of ownership - that promise of a piece of something that belongs to me. Not something I inherited. I never wanted to be that person - that gift-taker the unloving, ungrateful kid who takes without giving. But the way things are looking it may end up that way…

It's intensely frustrating. But its heart warming to know I'm not alone: http://sfist.com/2007/09/27/in_a_material_w.php

Ugh...

No comments: