Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Dear God...please let it be summer soon

You forget how much work school is, until you have to return to it at a later age. I never remember it being this stressfull, and its not like its actually hard...it could just be that I'm in the process of trying to keep down a full time gig and do this school stuff at the same time.

part of me really wants to go backto school full time...so I can at least have the summers off to let my brain rot out. (You know that feeling about early August, when the only thing going through your mind is 'duh' on repeat) But I'm not sure if that's feasable right now.

I had this great discussion the other day about "the meaning of life..." His immediate response was "42!" we laughed about it, and talked some more...specificaly on the "what in the hell am I doing" vein and eventually came to the conclusion that we had no idea. None whatsoever. I'm not sure if that's reassuring or scary.

Anyway... Onto Other things. I was filling up my ipod, and realized that I hadn't listened to Jill Scott in so long... got really into it again. Both albums. I'm more than a little jealous, to be honest. I watched an interview with her and Tavist Smiley...and well her explination of her cover, and of why she was doing what she did...damn I'm jealous. No to be honest...more like Damn I'm gutless. I was never one for sticking my head out of the door and being willing to get it chopped off. 'cause its the point to glory and fame, you have to be willing to take the risks...and having watched as others around me have tried and failed miserably (nay horribly zepplein-like failure) I'm a little scarred. As you can imagine.

...someday I'll tell you about it.

1 comment:

Me said...

I'm ridiculously stressed at school. Trying to balance between job, school, and social life... sucks shit. Invariably it's the social life that suffers and life doesn't need to be less fun than it already is. We need to hang out soon...Patrick and Lia's.