Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Ken Jennings' 'Jeopardy!' streak ends

Taken from USAToday: USATODAY.com - Ken Jennings' 'Jeopardy!' streak ends: Ahead by $4,400 going into "Final Jeopardy," Jennings stumbled on this Business and Industry clue: Most of this firm's 70,000 seasonal white-collar employees work only four months a year. Jennings wrongly answered, "What is FedEx?" real estate agent Nancy Zerg of Ventura, Calif., responded, "What is H&R Block?" making her the new champ — and a likely future Jeopardy! answer. (She finished with $14,401; Jennings fell to $8,799.)
"As for the question that stumped him, Jennings says he does his own taxes, so a tax-preparation service didn't come to mind. H&R Block has offered him lifetime financial services. The company estimates he could expect to pay up to $1.045 million in taxes on his winnings, another game show record."

Everyone is so jucied about Ken Jennings winning streak ending. I've seen /read him being equivicated to sports, messianic men, etc, etc. Really people...it was interesting while it was happening....but to equate knowledeg to triva? Not really the same thing.

Now for those of you out there, it should be obvious by now that there is more than a little spittle, venom and spite hidden in there. And I know that I'm not the only one who dislikes Ken Jennings...but to be honest, I'm jealous. Really, Reallly Jealous, and there should be no question why. Think about it for a minute....all those years of sitting at my mothers side being forced to watch Jeopardy every night at 7 pm (PST) when I could have been out being a rocus adolecent and teenager, has made me a jeopardy queen. That's right QUEEN i tell ya!

Regardless. I should have won that money. I KNEW all the same answers, even the two Double Jeopardies he got wrong, AND the Final Jeopardy answer...It just pisses me off that a mormon boy gets all that money - only to give 10% of it in tithings, and another 40% of it in taxes.

damn.

No comments: