Monday, November 18, 2002

ooph. I went snowboarding for the first time in my life, and quite possibly the last. Although fun, and good for me - in true kizzy form I managed to hurt myself. I should have known better than to push myself on the first day of the ski season when the mountains are icy and not really primed for traversing.

I took an edge and the lip of my rented snowboard dug in. I "cacked" it (a british-ism for flubbing/falling/hurting onself - trust me it sounds cool with the accent) and did an amazing twisting flip midair. But when I landed I felt and heard a pop in my right knee and now I'm hurting and limping all over the place. I fear that I might need to go to the orthopedic surgeon to take care of it. Not something I'm looking forward to again, one massive reconstructed knee later and I'm limping and hurting every freaking winter. Now to only hurt my right knee as well.
The road trip was worth it. no sleep and tons of laughs...the way a road trip should be.

No comments: